When my middle son David was in high school in 1997, an American mom named Vonnie invited me to join her in praying for our kids and school. She started an international group in the middle of Stockholm with moms from different parts of the world. I was the first Swedish mom to join them.
Since my five children were in school at the time, I was eager to take part in this time of praying through the Four Steps. I witnessed so many answers to prayer for my children that I was convinced this format of prayer was inspired by God.
Several years later, Vonnie moved back to the U.S. and I was called to take on a leadership role. New Moms in Prayer groups with women of different nationalities started in the Stockholm area and spread to the countryside. It was remarkable how God assembled groups representing 17 nationalities! One of the Brazilian mothers received a vision. She noticed many small lights over Sweden. This strengthened me and confirmed that the Lord had a plan to raise up Moms in Prayer groups throughout every part of our nation.
Over the past year, our Sweden team witnessed God’s faithfulness through the updated Swedish Booklet and new bookmark, opportunities to present the ministry via television and ten churches participating in Bless Our Schools Sunday. I was also able to join 57 Moms in Prayer leaders at the European conference.
We stand strong, together with our sisters all over the world, crying out to God for our children and schools!
• That Annette was able to attend the European leadership conference
• For a wonderful country team that is looking forward to growing Moms in Prayer in Sweden
• For wisdom for the Sweden team and God’s plans fulfilled for Moms in Prayer Sweden in 2014
• That more young moms will start or join groups and step up into leadership roles
• For double the number of groups and each mom trained through the Booklet
• For funding so that the Sweden team can attend the 30th Anniversary celebration in October in the U.S.